Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The search begins...

So I skipped class today because I was too busy searching online for what I was going to do with my life once I graduate from College. I know, I know...I have to go to class so that I can graduate. I'm pretty much an idiot most of the time when it comes to things like this. This is my 4th year at the university and senioritis has kicked in, major! I am so ready to be done with school. I had been an Interior Design major up until this semester when I changed to Fine Arts. I changed my major because, though I love interior design, I suck at it (plain and simple). So now, I'm an Art major, wondering what the crap I am going to do with that once I graduate.
You see, I have never been really good at anything in particular. I have always loved art, and people say I am good at it, but I don't actually see anyone forking out $1000 for one of my paintings. That's just not going to happen. So now I'm just trying to think of something...ANYTHING...that I would be good at, that I would enjoy, that would pay well (enough).
My boyfriend of 2.5 years (and some change) and I are talking about getting married after we both graduate (whenever that may be), and though he says I didn't, I really think I disappointed him when I changed my major. I have less job options now and I feel like I won't be able to find work to help support the family we want to have. So I am kind of regretting my decision to switch majors, though I really am enjoying what I am doing now.
So now I am trying to find some interesting jobs (that are also fun and well-paid) that I might be qualified for once I get out into the real world.
I have experience in art and I've had many jobs while in school that I think could also benefit me while looking for potential job options. I worked at the university library for 3 years, I did a semester of calling people to complete PARCA(Public Affairs Research Council of Alabama) surveys, I am currently an after school care teacher for 17 kindergarten through 3rd graders, and I also work at the university information center answering calls about anything and everything from relaying maintenance requests to helping people find things on campus to letting people know its okay to let their dog eat ice (seriously I get some of the the weirdest calls).
So right now, I will continue my education as well as continue my tedious search. Wish me luck! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment